Sales & Marketing Traineeship @ MEWS Systems (Internship, minimum 5 months)
Who are we and what do we do?
Mews Systems is a Dutch software company who have developed a Property Management System solution for the 21st Century hotelier. The fully Cloud-first solution comes with a built in online-check-in, payment automation, modern user interface and is fully mobile optimized. All these features make it the most forward thinking solution on the market today.
- We currently have 100 hotels live on the platform, in 18 countries.
- We started out in Prague in 2012, where we implanted the first hotel without a reception desk (all receptionists carry ipads)
- 40% of all of our guests currently check-in online to our hotels
- The largest hostel we have on the platform is 1200 beds
- We now have offices in Amsterdam (headoffice), Prague (development & support) and London (sales)
- We have 25 employees, and this number is growing quickly, we expect to be 35 employees by December 2016
What should you be able to do?
- Fluent English and preferably another language fluently
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Word/Excel/Powerpoint
- Education preferably in Marketing or Hospitality
What should you be like?
- Ability to work in a fast paced company, ready to work on your own or as part of a team
- Ability to take feedback, learn quickly and adapt to new situations
- A driver of new ideas and suggestions in order to move the company forward
- Not afraid to challenge the status quo
- Out-going, social, ready to communicate with employees, customers and partners across different countries
- A genuine interest in new technologies that bring innovation in hospitality
- Organized and structured
What will you do?
As a young and quick growing company, we are looking for someone who is not afraid of a challenge. During the course of the internship you will be given projects with specific targets and deadlines, as well as being an assistant to the sales and marketing team.
You will be exposed to, and have the opportunity to learn more in-depth aspects of sales, marketing, public relations.
Each day in Mews is different, as new challenges arise while we grow in client numbers, and onboard more complex hotels and hostels who have more and more requirements. We need to analyse our different sales and marketing reports, to get a better understanding of where our business comes from, and how we can further drive more business through new channels.
The role will evolve as the company grows, but the main focus will be to:
- Help drive new leads/opportunities for the sales through call campaigns
- Analyse business reports, to identify patterns in the opportunities, and come up with ideas/strategies to further streamline these channels
- Analyse marketing reports, to help identify best practices, and further stimulate website traffic
- Man the website-helpdesk in case any potential customer has questions about the system and qualify initial leads
- Contact potential customers via e-mail and telephone campaigns
- Come up with innovative ideas to drive new business opportunities
- Help develop the social media and PR campaigns
- Assist in administrative tasks
- Maintain marketing and sales databases
- Participating in creative brainstorms
Where will you work from?
We have offices in London, Amsterdam and Prague. Depending on the requirement from the school the intern can decide to work from either of these offices, or split their time with the company across the locations.
How to apply?
Please send your current CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Sales & Marketing Internship”